Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rhinestone Headband

On one of my regular cruises through Hobby Lobby, I came upon one of their weekly sales--A HUGE bucket of  plastic rhinestones! I didn't know what I needed them for, but at fifty percent off I had to have them.
When I got the sparkle home, I was itching to cover something in rhinestones. This is one of the ideas I came up with.
Very simple Sparkle headband

  • Felt
  • Glitter Glue
  • Headband
  • Rhinestones
  • Exacto knife or small scissors

Glue rhinestones on to felt in a haphazard, organic shape. 

Cut around rhinestones and similar shaped felt for rhinestone backing.
Apply glue to wrong sides of felt and then sandwich headband between felt .


When glue is dry, trim around rhinestones with Exacto knife 


Princess For a Day...Everyday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm usually like that when I see haberdashery / craft stuff that's discounted heavily!! I know my neighbour's little girl would love the headband. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete