Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pill Case Makeover!

Since I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I've had to take various amounts of pills.  My number of daily pills usually increases with symptom severity.  Unfortunately, since the new year; I have been prescribed so many pills that I have needed to employ the use of a pill case. 
When choosing a pill case, well to be honest...the selection was limited.  All pill cases at the drug store were plain, dull and had a very somber feel.  Sometimes my illness gets me down, so the last thing I need is a reminder of unfortunate circumstances. 
It was only fitting that I give my pill case a make over.  Using my Scribbles paints, I threw down some color.  I didn't have a plan for the paint, just knew I wanted a little color to keep my mind off of things. I had a few resin cabochons laying around and decided to glue a few on. Nothing fancy, just doing something in the spur of the moment.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Failure to FAB

I saw this woman wearing an amazing bleached denim over shirt.  The denim had been bleached in a tie dye effect, thus leaving her shirt with tons of pattern.
I purchased a turqoise, button up shirt at a yard sale and thought I would try to do my own bleach tie dye diy. I crinkled the shirt up and held the random folds with rubber bands. I put a cup of bleach in a small tub of bleach and threw the balled up shirt in. I left the shirt in the bleach water over night. In the morning I eagerly removed the rubber bands only to realize....that nothing happened. The shirt looked the same as before it took its bleach bath. Whaaa? Looking at the shirts tag I read that 30%of the material is polyester...30% of polyester makes for 100% failure when it comes to bleaching out color. I call the project quits.
A week later I come upon a detached silk collar in my project pile. I decide that collar would look nice on a solid colored shirt. I hand stitched the collar on to the existing collar and voila...failure to fab!
Shirt in bleach over night
No change to shirt color so new collar was added
Collar was sewn on to existing collar for stability.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tonight's episode of The Game

More background work....and on this one, I really have to stress BACKGROUND. 
The show is The Game and it aired on BET...the episode is called, "Swan Song for Rick and Tasha".
It's going to be awhile until my next appearance on film, so until the next time!