Monday, April 2, 2012

Normal Craft- Easter Card Puggy Bunny

I have a pug calendar that reveals a new pug for every day of the year. I enjoy EVERY picture of each pug shown so much, that I find it impossible to throw ANY of the pictures away. This is one of the ways I was able to use my stash of pug mugs. What I used: 10" X 7" Purple cardstock. 4" X 7" Sky blue cardstock. 3 1/4" X 2" Hay colored cardstock. Scraps of white and pink card stock (for bunny ear band). 1/4" & 1/8" width ribbon in various colors. 10" X 1 1/2" green velum. Double stick tape, glitter, glue, scissors and 2 types of shears (pinking and cloud) 1" X 7" decorative paper border. Flower accesories. 1. When choosing a pug mug, I looked for a picture that had a clear, forward shot of the dog. I then cut the dog out.
2.I sketched a couple of ears (from white cardstock), little headband(from pink cardstock) and a basket (hay colored cardstock). I kept my basket small, but big enough for my pug and for FOUR rows of weaved ribbon (approx. 3 1/4 X 2 inches). I Cut shapes out. For added dimension, I used cloud shaped shears on the baskets' edge and I added color details with colored pencils and covered the bunny ears with glitter.
3. On the back of my basket, I made slits (according to picture below) with a blade. I used alternating ribbon colors to weave thru slits and held ribbon in place with double stick tape..
4. I glued the bunny earband on the pug and then taped my pug pic to the basket and arched approx. 6" of ribbon over pug/basket to make the basket handle. 5. I cut my velum strip in half making two 5" X 1 1/2 pieces. I used pinking shears to make a decorative edge at the top of the velum strip. I used scissors to cut in to the strip, to make individual blades of grass.* I found that shaping the tips of the blades was a bit easier using the aide of a finger nail clipper.
6. Glue works ahead! With sky blue cardstock ready to go, I pasted down green vellum grass. I then snuggled my pug/basket in to my newly made grass, and pasted it down. Having already folded the purple card stock in half, making a card that measures 5" X 7", I pasted my sky/grass/pug scene onto the purple cardstock. To end, I added a paper border for flair on the card's right edge. Finally, I dotted the card with a few flowers.
This card creation fits my crafting personality to a "T". Happy Easter from the Puggy Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment