Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bead Dazzle

Although I spent a lot of time trying to clean up my craft room; I got side tracked on my cleaning efforts by uncovering some fantastic vintage beads. What to put some beads on???? Well, It just so happened that my mom gifted me a three pack of fabric covered headbands. They were plain pastel--screaming for interest. I've seen overpriced, beaded headband at the mall, and every time I see one I say, "I could EASILY make that." So, here's my truth behind the pudding. The pink band I decorated with a strand of vintage german crystals. The multi faceted colors really pop with the girly background. The baby blue band I am currently in the process of striping with opaque, solid blue beads. I really am amazed at the accessory power of beads.
To give a run down on how much you can save by embellishing your own head band.
Headbands pack of 3 already fabric covered - 1.49
Using random notions you already own- FREE
TOTAL- 1.49
Buying a pre-made band from JCrew(for instance)-- 16.00

Major savings for DIY....and save enough to buy enough headbands to match all outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment